The Events page is perhaps the central focus of the Genbox program. It
is here that the details of all events are entered and viewed. One event record
is shown at a time. For each event record, you can enter:
- Event Type - birth, death, census, etc., choosing from event
templates defined in the system. You can define an unlimited number of event
- Date - date of the event. Modifiers, such as "probably",
"before", "between" are supported.
- Place - place information in Genbox is divided into a local site
and higher levels. You can document your sources on each separately.
- Source Citations - (the open book icons) links to source citations for either the entire
event or for specific parts.
- Alternate Flag - event records can be marked as alternates to other
records, allowing you to store conflicting information without being forced
to accept one or the other.
- Template - control how the event information will be formatted on
- Witnesses - individuals that witnessed an event can be stored,
along with their role in the event.
- Media - link pictures and other media to the current event record.
- Notes - general and research.
© Copyright 2005 Thoughtful
Creations. All rights reserved. Last Updated 10/26/2005.