This version contains updated translations, a few enhancements, and a large
number of corrections.
ENHANCEMENTS / CHANGES / NEW FEATURES:
1) French, French (Canada), and Slovak translations were added.
2) Danish, German, Polish, Dutch (Netherlands), and Slovenian translations were updated.
3) Status bar flag menus: capacity increased for up to 30 languages.
4) Flags for Greek, Lithuanian and French (Canada) added.
1) Field codes were added for [DOC LOCAL SITE] and [REPOSITORY LOCAL SITE].
CITATIONS VIEW - GENERAL PAGE:
1) The Citation Lead Text, Annotation, and Rationale fields now support (event) field codes.
1) Popup Menu: added new option "Hide Side Spouses". When selected, spouse boxes with no ancestors/children are removed from chart. By repeatedly using this option and the "Hide Leaves" option, it is possible to whittle a chart down to just the family link connections.
2) When a chart is closed, any boxes deleted during the edit session are also removed from the "Chart Results" list. This feature can be used to create a new list of individuals, which can then be used for export, styling, deletion, or other program functions.
1) The DLL file "gbxinit4" was added. This library works correctly with Data Execution Prevention (DEP). New version 3 and version 4 registrations will use the new library. The older "gbxinit" DLL will remain for existing version 3 users.
1) Menus and menu bar in Win 95/98/ME: character set adjusted to match program language.
2) Witness abbreviation (W) now supports translation.
1) Legacy-style codes for bold, italic, and underline in note text are now converted.
2) Importing note text in Win 95/98/ME: When the "CHAR" value is "ANSI", high-bit characters will be interpreted in the current code page. A different code page can be specified by changing the GEDCOM file value for CHAR, such as "CHAR 1250" for Eastern European. (This feature had been available only for UNICODE version)
3) UNICODE version: when the CHAR value is ANSI, the codepage of the current program language will be used for conversion. Previously, the system codepage was used in this case.
3) Truncated GEDCOM files (missing TRLR tag) are now indicated in the analysis and in the log file.
4) Individual identifiers longer than 9 digits are now handled correctly.
5) From RootsMagic: name types identified as "aka", "birth", and "married" are now recognized.
6) Agency/Temple codes in events that are duplicated in the place name are skipped.
7) Existing place name variants that are a shortened form of a longer name, such as "CAN" for Canada, are now matched correctly.
8) Repositories no longer cause duplicate place records to be created.
1) When all media is exported (not just linked media), the import back into Genbox no longer produces a double set of media records.
2) Corrected problem with codes embedded in notes.
1) Special characters in source citation excerpt text are now written correctly.
2) When the "break mid-word" option is chosen for notes, special characters are still output correctly.
3) Special characters in note text for non-western code pages are now written correctly.
1) Backup: corrected detection of insufficient disk space under Windows 95/98/ME.
2) Check Links: note reference values are now checked for validity.
3) Check Links: child loops detected are now listed in the log file created.
1) Place name notes are now merged or deleted correctly.
2) Event place links are updated correctly.
1) Corrected situations where "No Current Record" warning would appear.
2) Families and family events are now preserved when other spouse is not blank.
3) Family event notes are now deleted when family event is deleted.
4) Citation annotations and lists are now deleted when citation records are deleted.
5) Citations to witness links are now deleted when the witness link is deleted.
1) Place note, place name, and place name note citations are now deleted when the place and place name records are deleted.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - SUMMARY PAGE:
1) Children list: when an existing individual with a birth event record having blank parent links is linked as a child, the program now prompts whether the existing birth event record should be updated to show the new parent links.
2) When the children list is displayed in birthdate order, and children missing birth dates are dragged to a new order position, the corresponding childbirth event in the Events list is reordered correctly.
3) Excluded witnessed events now show with a gray background, regardless of whether the witness "Exclude" column is checked.
4) Source lock mode: when entering an unlinked individual (by clicking on toolbar icon), the "general citation for individual" has an initial status.
5) Source lock mode: entering a child / child birth date now causes an automatic citation on the childbirth event to be added.
6) Source lock mode: When a second spouse is added, a source citation is attached correctly to the auto-added marriage event.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - EVENTS PAGE:
1) Events page: a witness list with a scrollbar no longer displays a duplicate record.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - FAMILY PAGE:
1) With source lock mode, events entered on the family page now get an automatic source citation.
2) Double-clicking on the event type now takes you to the Events page. Double-clicking on the child name takes you to the Summary page for the child.
PLACES VIEW - NAMES PAGE:
1) When using the toolbar to move between place records with the names page active, the correct record information is now displayed.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW / RESEARCHEW VIEW - CONTACT PAGE:
1) For individuals/researchers with multiple contact records, the selected contact record retains selection after returning from another view/tab.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW, RESEARCHERS VIEW, CORRESPONDENCE VIEW:
1) Contact page: text in fields can be deleted successfully.
PLACES PICK DIALOG:
1) Number of place links, number of data links on the Places Pick Dialog now show the total number of links for all names of the place.
1) File paths of newly added media will be checked first against the "data" folder, then against the "pref" folder, and will be replaced with a relative path if there is a match.
MEDIA PICK DIALOG:
1) The Media caption beneath the preview picture, from the IPTC data, now moves when the dialog is resized.
1) The Names page is now disabled for Media caption citations.
2) General Page: Entering \. \. \. now works in the Citation Lead Text, Annotation, and Rationale fields.
1) Make Copy of Source Record - repository is now also copied.
1) The [REPOSITORY URL] and [REPOSITORY EMAIL] field codes have been corrected.
1) Fixed jumping to events and notes of events where the primary individual is blank.
2) Jump History List: fixed occasion when jump links would be in reverse order from displayed links.
3) Jumping from notes list to secondary contact of Individual/Researcher now displays the correct subrecord.
4) The Jump History list is no longer cleared each time the Individuals View is opened.
1) Buttons with icons and text (on Database Select dialog, Chart Options Content/Styles) now use the selected labels font from preferences.
1) After using the file dialog to select a preferred/default media file path, the prompt to replace matching media file paths now appears.
DATE TOOL DIALOGS:
1) The spinner controls now work beyond 999 for all locales.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW:
1) The "Defaults" button now clears out all the added chart content/style sets, updating the display immediately.
2) When the "Reload" button is pressed twice, the correct options continue to be displayed.
3) The Content/Style lists are now displayed correctly after "Reload" is selected.
4) Format Page: the "Pictures - Body" setting is now saved correctly.
5) Content/Style Pages: the "picture" buttons are now sized optimally for current labels font.
1) The context menu item "Hide side spouses in selection" now appears correctly.
1) Corrected a box placement problem that could result in overlapped boxes.
2) "The" flag suppressed for place names.
3) Box placement for "drop alignment: right" has been corrected.
4) Link cross-reference font is now sized correctly. This used to cause text overlap when it varied from text size.
5) Corrected "Ancestor blanks" layout option.
6) Link line styles for direct line, family link to direct line, and family link to key should now be correct.
7) Single boxes for couples may now show a cross reference marker for the spouse as well as the primary individual.
8) The "Pictures: Connecting Line" option on the Chart Format page has been corrected.
9) The partner/private/exclude family flags are now retained on subsequent chart creation.
10) Ancestor blanks option: blank boxes for unknown spouses are now included.
11) Fixed the incorrect appearance of duplicate ancestors for "unknown spouse".
12) Background graphic files are now checked to see if they exist.
REPORT OPTIONS VIEW:
1) Report font colors are now reset by the Defaults button.
2) Any changes to report options should cause the Defaults button to be enabled.
REPORT OPTIONS - MEDIA PAGE:
1) The "All" and "Key" buttons are now disabled for reports on Citations, Correspondence, Research, Projects, and Lists.
2) The "All" button is disabled when only one media set type is available.
1) Custom reports: the "Media Placement" options are reduced to "Above text" and "Below text".
2) Custom reports: "Key" media is now implemented for reports on Places, Events, Sources, Media, and Researchers.
1) Researcher notes now appear correctly.
2) Excluded identifiers are no longer shown when an individual repository is referenced in a citation.
3) "Labels" layout now works correctly when units are set to metric.
4) The field codes [UNDL] and [UNDL0] (underline on/off) have been corrected.
5) Numbering on Ahnentafel reports is now correct up to 127 generations.
6) For the Ancestor Narrative report, inclusion of marriage events is no longer necessary to include spouses as separate numbered entries.
7) A "loop" linkage error is now detected during report generation.
8) Older report options files: Titles/captions on media now appear 1/10" above/below, rather than 1" above/below.
9) Pedigree Report: (W) has been added to witnessed event labels; missing labels now appear; "and" appears between spouses; the primary (and spouse) of witnessed events are now shown; corrected punctuation.
REPORTS - FAMILY GROUP:
1) Leading "The" suppressed for place names.
2) Leading preposition ("on") suppressed for dates.
3) For nonbasic events with [G] or [R] in custom template, note placement/inclusion now follows options correctly.
4) When two children have married the same spouse, the second appearance of the spouse name is now shown.
5) Witnessed events are now marked with (W) preceding their label.
6) Detail text fields are now labeled.
7) Date context is no longer used between child paragraphs and between children on the Family Group report.
REPORTS - CUSTOM:
1) Individuals Report: event witnesses now appear as a semicolon-separated list of names.
2) Individuals Report: witnessed events are now marked with (W) before first event field, unless the "Witnessed" column is included.
3) Table Reports: internal Genbox citation codes are now processed correctly.
4) Witnessed individual events marked "exclude" are now excluded.
5) Adding "Event Witnesses" to older report options files now works correctly.
6) Events Report: the "exclude event" flags are now honored.