This version adds more support for international versions. In addition to English (U.S.) and English (U.K.), translations have been added for Danish, German, and Polish. Progress is underway on over a dozen other languages.
Charts and reports have been enhanced. Multiple check lists were added to provide finer control over content. Male-only lines can now be charted. Default chart style sets now include "Male/Female", and styles specific to particular event types. Improvements were also made to chart editing.
The Individuals Summary display now includes the "subject" of secondary event types, such as witnesses as children.
Icons throughout the system have been updated. A set of icons useful on charts has also been added to the installation.
ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
1) Language resource files for Danish, German, and Polish have been added.
2) GBXDBINI language initialization data updated.
MENUS / VIEWS:
1) The "Event Templates View" has been renamed as the "Event Types View".
2) The "Source Templates View" has been renamed as the "Source Types View".
1) Source citation buttons no longer start out with a blank face: they show an image of a open book. The surety level symbols then appear on top of the open book.
2) The "S" source citation icon, which appeared on a source citation button when a citation had been entered but a surety had not been assigned yet, has been replaced by a "bullet". This is similar to the "in progress" icon used for projects, and also suggests the "0" surety level number.
3) Event Type View and Source Type View icons have also been improved.
4) A set of icons for use on charts is now included in the full distribution.
 The "book" images in all the icons have been changed to a darker color closer to brown, which is less distracting than the previous bright red.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW, SUMMARY PAGE: EVENTS LIST
1) Added read-only column "Subject". Displays spouse name, child name, associated individual name, or witnessed event individual name, depending on the event type; for other types, this column is blank.
2) The place column is allowed to "overflow" into the new Subject column whenever that column is empty. This makes the best use of limited screen space. This feature is disabled when the "grid" option is enabled.
3) Double-clicking on the Subject individual will make that individual the new focus, jumping to the referenced event record.
EVENT TYPES VIEW:
1) Event type "fill" records displayed when no record is defined in the same base language as the currently selected language have been shown with gray text; text fields are now also set to read-only.
1) Moved research target button from notes page to general page.
1) Moved research target button from notes page to general page.
1) Generated citation titles now have capitalized data part labels.
1) "Event Types" lists have been added to Records, Saved Lists, and Flags. They show four columns: ID, Tag, Name, Language. Only one record per event tag is shown. For records and flags, this is the best match to the current program language. Of the flags, "Group A"-"Group D" and "Recent" can be edited here.
2) New Event Type Pseudo-flag: "Nonbasic". Contains the event types not marked with the "Basic" flag.
LISTS VIEW - SELECT LIST NAME/LIST MEMBERS MODE:
1) When specific list members have been selected (to select multiple members, hold down CTRL while clicking), the "Select List Members" button will now choose just the highlighted members.
DATA SETUP VIEW:
1) Identifier types and flags now support multiple languages.
2) The "Definition" values are now displayed beneath the lists for better viewing.
DATA SETUP VIEW - DATABASE PAGE:
1) A list control has been added that displays one row for each "Language In Use". It shows the following counts for each language in the current database: total number of records, event type records, data setup records.
2) Records for a language, or range of languages, can be deleted by pressing the DEL key. The program will first confirm whether all records for the selected language(s) should be deleted.
3) Records for the current program language, output language, and base languages of both can not be deleted with this function.
PREFERENCES VIEW - WINDOWS PAGE:
1) Added "Default" as a window sizing option. This is better than choosing "Fixed" size, as several view windows are now designed for a larger/smaller size: Individuals, Chart Options, Data Setup, Event Types, and Lists.
2) New checkbox: "Auto-close output windows". When checked, the "Make Chart" and "Make Report" buttons will first close a previous chart/report made, if not closed already. Default is "checked".
PREFERENCES VIEW - OPERATION PAGE:
1) Added language option "Choose from installed/in use only". When checked, language choice combos show only languages that have records defined.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW - SECTIONS PAGE:
1) Added "Gender Lines to Follow". This allows production of a chart following just the male or female descendants/ancestors.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW - STYLES AND CONTENTS PAGES:
1) The radio-button selectors for content/style sets have been removed. All style sets now appear in the list control. Buttons appear alongside the list to add style sets.
2) In addition to "Default", "Key", and "Direct Line", a style selector button has been added for "Male/Female". With this pair of stylesets, charts can have boxes styled differently depending on sex, without needing to use a saved list or query.
3) A style selector button has been added for "Event Types in List". Content supported includes event detail, event notes, extra flag, and icon. All styles except name font can be selected. For example, you can have all boxes with a marriage event to be red, and boxes with a death event to have the "skull" icon added.
4) When selecting individuals/event types from a list, the "Select List Members" button is now enabled. This means you can select a single event type for a style set without needing to save it to a list first.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW - CONTENTS PAGE:
1) The drop-down pick lists for content now support multiple checked items. This provides a finer degree of control over content. For example, you can now specify exactly the event types you want to include, without needing to first define them as Group A - D.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW - FORMAT PAGE:
1) The "Page" text now supports the [PAGE] keyword. When the keyword is used, the text "Page" will appear in the correct output language.
REPORT OPTIONS VIEW - CONTENT PAGE:
1) The drop-down pick lists for content now support multiple checked items.
REPORT OPTIONS VIEW - CONTENT PAGE (CUSTOM REPORTS):
1) The drop-down pick list for Multiple records "type" now supports multiple checked items.
1) The chart/report toolbar now works independently for each open Chart/Report View. This means you can have multiple views on the same chart, each with its own zoom size setting. (A second view of the current document is opened by choosing "New Window" from the Windows Menu.)
MEDIA PREVIEW DIALOG:
1) The "Play" button, which previously was not used for images, now toggles between actual image size and maximum fit size.
1) Export/import of parents of events has been corrected.
2) Export/import of adoption events has been corrected.
1) Corrected export of special characters in notes and templates.
2) Corrected export of SLGC in-progress status date.
3) Corrected export of Identifier Types and flag definitions.
1) Corrected import of _SUBM tags for identifiers.
1) Color set in preferences for header font is now honored.
1) UNICODE Version: Corrected display of pre-initialized dropdown list items for different character sets, which previously appeared incorrect when the system code page did not match the code page of the current program language.
2) ANSI Version: When the current program language is changed, the character sets of the program fonts are now automatically changed so that they support the new program language.
3) The full set of date modifiers are now supported for German.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW, SUMMARY PAGE:
1) Events List: Magnify Places now works correctly.
2) Children list: display of birth date/gray text is now correct when biological mother is linked to the child twice, the second time as the spouse of the adoptive parent.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - EVENTS PAGE:
1) Added missing labels for general notes and research notes.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW, CONTACT PAGE:
1) A new contact record with only note text entered is now saved correctly.
EVENT TYPES VIEW:
1) On the Templates Page or Witness Roles Page, pressing F5 while editing a template now displays the Notes View correctly. Previously, this only worked if entire row was selected when F5 was pressed.
2) Corrected some problems with editing tags.
1) Corrected "delete" operation to completely remove flag/identifier.
2) Corrected "add" operation to initialize language.
3) Edited tags are checked for uniqueness.
1) The surety symbols on the source citation icons were made larger.
2) Added tooltips and "flat" highlighting to research target buttons and source citation buttons.
ICON PICKER DIALOG:
1) When a filename is typed in, selection now works properly. Previously, the mouse had to be used to select a displayed icon.
1) Problems with the display of rich text on the Lists View have been corrected.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW:
1) Key Page: key, direct line, and gender styles are now shown on the sample box.
2) Contents/Styles Page: corrected several problems with selecting lists.
3) Contents/Styles Page: Dragging a list up/down to affect its priority has been corrected: a style listed later in the list has preference.
4) Styles Page: pressing DEL to return a style button to the default value (fonts, colors) is now working.
CHART OPTIONS VIEW/REPORT OPTIONS VIEW:
1) Fields that accept floating-point numbers now restrict input to valid characters.
1) Editing a chart when no database is open has been corrected.
1) Spouses of direct line individuals are no longer styled with direct line styles. They can have their own style set, named "Family link to direct line individual".
2) A saved/reloaded chart now displays icons correctly.
3) When both a local site and place are output, a comma separator is added. When an event detail follows, a semicolon separator is used.
4) "Individual" style sets for spouses in boxes with multiple spouses are now independent.
5) Icons defined in event type style sets for primary and for spouse are now independent. This means if the primary in a box has an event of a certain type, but the spouse in the same box does not, then the icon defined for that event type appears only for the primary.
6) Multi-part local sites are not output in full.
1) Corrected a problem with sizing pictures by dragging from the upper handles.
1) Custom reports for Projects, Research: the "Number of Searches" value is now correct.
2) Dangling place modifier "in" without a following place (removed by context) has been corrected.
3) For custom reports (e.g. "Places with Linked Events"): the problem with the data overlapping the header, and the problem with only a few lines shown on a page, have been corrected.
4) Corrected the problem with attribute, identifier, and contact address content on the outline descendant report where an unwanted new paragraph breaks up the indentation and hierarchy lines.
5) Custom reports for Individuals: The "Event" field (which produces a formatted summary of events) has been corrected to show the result in the context of the current individual. For example, a birth event in the context of the parent will now show the event as a "childbirth" event and include the name of the child.
6) Outline reports: Corrected the line breaks.
7) Family Group Reports: corrected fatal error with fill-in layout.
8) Corrected name sorting on custom reports.
9) Pedigree Fill-in report: corrected appearance/placement of fill-in event labels.
10) Narrative reports: "Parent" content for spouses has been corrected.
11) Corrected language versions of witness roles.
12) "Ibid." appearing first in the notes section on custom reports has been corrected. Citations are now resolved after the table has been sorted, so they appear with the correct ibid. references.
13) The default "brief" template for additional family events (such as divorce) now includes the name of the spouse. The default brief template for parent events (childbirth, child adopted) now includes the name of the child.
14) Corrected omission of higher place levels which were sometimes missing on an event with a local site.
15) Local sites with "the" (lowercase) entered as the first part of their name ("the Catholic Church") are now displayed on reports with the default place preposition ("at the Catholic Church"). Normally, Genbox considers any lowercase words preceding the first capitalized word as a place modifier that substitutes for the default place preposition ("near Monfort Heights" would output without "at" being added). The intended way to indicate "the" should be added is to tick the "The" checkbox on the Places Name Page.
16) Individuals Relationships Report: "Linkages to First Key" now works even when "Relationship to First Key" is not also selected.
17) Multi-part local sites are now output in full. Previously, place context could shorten the name to only initial parts.
18) Pedigree report: family events (including marriage) are now correctly omitted from spouses.
19) Internal references in family notes are now resolved correctly. Previously, codes like [GBXa] would sometimes appear.
20) RTF: reduced the occurrence of extra blank lines on narrative reports.
21) Directional marriage events now display only once.
22) Child paragraphs, brief format: when context is clear, spouse pronoun "her" is omitted. For example: a divorce event immediately following a marriage event where the spouse is named.
1) The "gbxinit.dll" file is now installed to the application directory. Previously, it was maintained as a zipped resource, but some users have experienced failure codes on startup with that arrangement.
2) UNICODE version: a fatal error on exit that would appear if the List View had displayed the "Notes" list was corrected.
3) Numerous other minor problems were corrected.