ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
1) Improved performance for importing large GEDCOM files. Tested with 100-MByte file (about 6 million lines; 400,000 individuals): analysis pass under 6 minutes; full import just under 6 hours (about 1100 individuals per minute).
2) An aborted analysis pass now shows the partial results in the Import View.
3) Additional timing information is included in the analysis and log file.
4) Source citations with entry dates now have the date stored to the citation detail field, rather than in separate subdocuments.
5) Surname Prefix codes (SPFX) now result in the marking of the non-sorting prefix part of a surname.
1) A non-sorting "surname prefix" can now be indicated by adding a third slash before the character in the surname that should begin the sort, as in "/d'/Hondt/" or "/op ter /Prange/".
INDIVIDUALS PICK DIALOG:
1) Added "Given Name" sort option. Default is Surname; clicking on column header cycles through surname ascending, surname descending, given name ascending, given name descending. The column header indicates the sort direction and sort type.
2) When the match is to an identifier or name variant that is not part of the preferred name, the matching name will now be shown first, followed by a dash, then the preferred name.
1) Added "Given Name" sort option to Individuals lists. Given names are shown first when sorting on given names.
1) Ancestor Charts: the default link alignment was changed from box center to link center.
INDIVIDUALS CUSTOM REPORTS:
1) Added report fields for "Given Name", "Surname Prefix", and "Surname Base".
2) Witnessed events have been added. The default is now to include both principal events and witnessed events. You can use the new column "Witnessed" to filter on just principal events or just witnessed events.
3) The full set of event data fields as seen on the Events custom report are now available.
1) Corrected second occurrence in code for handling of "(Research):" tag on a note, which directs a note to the Research Note field. This tag is now stored with the data when importing a GEDCOM file that was not produced by Legacy.
1) "Omit living individuals" now works correctly.
1) Corrected name sorting on duplicates lists and problems lists.
MATCH FINDER DIALOG:
1) Match groups that are subsets of a larger match group are no longer reported.
1) Focus is now set to the Main item Name field when adding new records, and the Description field when jumping from a target icon.
2) Tabbing out of the the Main item ID field no longer causes the data values to be cleared.
3) Corrected "No Current Record" error when last research record is deleted and focus returns to Individuals View.
1) Media Page: the "Reference Name" dropdown list is now populated.
2) Text match patterns can now include single quotes.
3) Attributes Page: Searching on Attribute type/value has been corrected.
1) Parent-child links with wavy/jagged lines (signifying non-birth relationships) now stop at the child bar connector when showing pedigree links on an ancestors chart.
2) For descendant charts with a drop direction of "up" having "link center" alignment, the child bar connectors are now drawn at the proper position.
3) Editing of fan charts no longer causes page count to increase.
4) Family links for partners now display link styles/labels correctly.
1) The [REPOSITORY] template code and other repository codes are now working correctly. (3.3.0 problem)
2) Problems with formatting a repository that is the last record in the Place Table has been corrected.
FAMILY GROUP REPORT:
1) The combination of "Fill-in Form" and "Basic Events" now works correctly.
1) Corrected several problems for opening reports in WordPerfect (versions 9 and 12).
Numerous other minor problems were corrected.