This version contains major enhancements to the Lists View, Events, and Places, plus added icons, and a number of other enhancements and problem corrections.
ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
LISTS VIEW - TREE PANE:
1) Event records have been added. Five columns are shown: ID, date, type, individuals, place.
2) Individual, Place, and Media flags have been added. Flags can now be manipulated and used the same was as regular lists. For example, pasting a list to a flag list will update the records having that flag set.
3) Marks for all record types have been added. Record marks (highlighting) can now be manipulated and used the same way as regular lists. For example, the marked individual records can be selected as the key individuals on a report.
4) View filters have been added under "Recent Activity". You can paste a list to a filter to cause the corresponding data view to be filtered. You can also delete or add individual members.
5) Record counts have been added after list names on the tree pane.
6) Drag and drop has been implemented as an easy way to copy and paste lists.
7) When pasting a list to an existing list, the paste dialog logical options "replace", "merge", "common", "unique", and "subtract" are operational.
8) Icons for all list types have been added.
9) Family lists now show each spouse in a separate column.
1) The corner icon now indicates the type of data view.
1) The corner icon now indicates the type of pick filter dialog.
1) Data Menu: Records in the current list can now be deleted by choosing "Delete All Records in the List".
2) Data Menu: "Clear Excluded Links" has been renamed to "Restore Excluded Links".
2) Reports Menu: New custom report type for "Events" has been added.
1) Added page "Style". Includes options for default source formatting text for missing publishing data (place, publisher, date).
2) Colors page: added color for "Unknown field codes".
3) Operation page: in the Individuals View Summary group, added "Hide non-basic attributes". When checked, attribute events will not be shown on the events list on the IndividualS View Summary page, unless they are also marked as "basic" event types. Other page displays are not affected.
1) When the "preferred media folder" in preferences is edited, or the "default media folder" in data setup, the user is prompted if matching medial file names should be changed to relative paths.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - SUMMARY PAGE:
1) The new preferences option "Hide non-basic attributes" will hide attribute events from the list of events, so that the display includes only the "real" events. Other page displays are not affected.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - EVENTS PAGE:
1) New field: "Detail". This is for the data value previously entered under a secondary type of "Text" or "Attribute", but it is now available for all event records. This field can hold any additional text value. The template code is [T].
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - ATTRIBUTES PAGE:
1) For attribute events with subtypes, the Attributes page will reflect the name of the custom detail label for the subtype.
EVENT TEMPLATES VIEW - GENERAL PAGE:
1) Added field "Detail label". This is the label that appears to the left of the new detail field on the events page.
2) The secondary type of "Text" has been removed, as all event records now support a detail text field.
3) The secondary type of "Attribute" has been replaced with the new flag "Attribute". Any event template can now function as an attribute definition, with the Detail Label text serving as the Attribute Name.
4) The non-directional flags (Recent, Attribute) are now placed at the bottom of the page with the other non-directional fields.
5) Added flag: "Standard". Indicates which event tags are standard GEDCOM 5.5. It also controls whether family events (secondary type = "Spouse Link") can be used for individual events: if not checked, then an event of that type will export as an individual event when the spouse is empty, and as a family event with the spouse is filled.
6) Data Menu: "Merge Event Templates" has been implemented.
EVENT TEMPLATES VIEW - TEMPLATES PAGE:
1) Added column "Detail Label". Each subtype can have a different label for the new detail field on the Events page. This label can be used to provide a hint to the user as to what type of value for [T] is expected by the template.
INITIALIZATION DATABASE (GBXDBINI.GDZ)
1) The event templates have been updated to include the detail text [T] code for all template types. The default placement is before the [D+L] code.
2) The RESI tag was changed from a secondary type of "Address" to "Spouse Link". The street address is now stored in the text field.
INDIVIDUALS PICK DIALOG:
1) Search by record ID has been added.
MEDIA PICK DIALOG:
1) Added filter checkbox "File not found". When checked, the list is filtered to those media records where the file name contains an invalid path.
2) Added ability to filter according to link type and linked record.
SENTENCE TEMPLATE CODES:
1) Added modifier "~" for individual field codes, such as [P~]: indicates given name/nickname should always be used.
2) Added modifier "~" for place code, as in [L~]: indicates only the lowest non-blank place level name should be used.
1) 1L, 2L, 3L, 4L, and 5L can now be combined with "+" to mean full place name starting at indicated level. (No "at" or "in" leading preposition is included.)
2) 1L, 2L, 3L, 4L, and 5L can now be combined with "-" to mean contextual place name starting at indicated level. (No leading preposition is included.)
3) 1L, 2L, 3L, 4L, and 5L can now be combined with "~" to mean first non-blank place level on or after the indicated level. (No leading preposition is included.)
4) The default sentence template for RESI was changed to "[P]< and [S]> resided <at [T], [1L-]|at [T]|[L]> [D]". This will format correctly when a street address appears in the detail field, as part of the local site, or is omitted.
SENTENCE AND SOURCE TEMPLATE CODES:
1) Unrecognized field codes are now colored in the "Unknown field color", rather than generating an error. This means you can have bracketed text in your notes without needing to escape them with a backslash. You can also tell if you have mistyped a field code without needing to toggle the field codes first.
FAMILY EVENT DESIGN:
1) When an imported event record has a spouse link but the event tag definition has a secondary type of "omit": the spouse link will be stored and the event will be considered a "family event". The spouse will be shown on the Events page. In effect, the presence of a value for a spouse causes the event to override its default secondary type setting.
2) "Check Links" no longer flags individual events that have a spouse link as an error. The end result is that tags that are defined for a single principal can accept a spouse link on import and still work correctly. This change results in better compatability with other programs.
3) On export, standard GEDCOM family events missing a spouse will be grouped into an additional family. Other event types will be written as an Individual event if no spouse or as a Family event if there is a spouse.
4) The RESI, CENS, and EVEN tags are now defined as nonstandard family events by default. This allows them to function both as individual events and as family events, for better compability with other programs.
PLACE LEVELS DESIGN:
1) Local sites can now link to higher/lower local sites. This means name divisions below the "city" level can now be as many as required or desired.
1) Added "Filipino" as a language choice.
2) Dates: the date qualifiers "before", "after", "about" are now translated.
1) Added "Events" custom report.
1) Check Links: more types of links are verified. A progress window with abort capability has been added.
1) One-level place names that appear to be postal codes are now treated as normal place names.
2) Corrected a problem with importing events that have external reference IDs.
3) Corrected import of private SSN numbers and other identifiers, and private/excluded events.
1) Relative media file paths are now converted to absolute paths. Also, linebreaks in media filenames are suppressed.
2) Event subtype brief templates and abbreviations are now exported.
3) When a single key individual is selected, and descendant generations is left at the default of "None", spouses of the selected individual are no longer included. If spouses of key individuals are desired, this can be achieved by setting the descendant generations to "0" instead of "None".
4) RESI and other family events missing a spouse are now exported correctly.
5) Identifiers marked exclude are now handled correctly.
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - EVENTS PAGE:
1) Corrected editing of linked identifiers.
2) Pressing F5 (Magnify) in the event template box now displays the template in a larger view for editing.
3) Spouse links: added "Delete Link" as a choice on dropdown. Spouses can also be deleted with the DEL key.
4) Witness roles: a shorter role name appearing after a longer role name that begins with the same text can now be selected.
1) Jump History: members will now open a closed window on a double-click.
2) Jump History: corrected the labeling and inclusion of various jump history members.
3) Column sorts have been added to most list types.
4) Viewing note links for contact addresses has been corrected.
5) Prompts for deletions now appear for flag deletions only.
EVENT TEMPLATES VIEW:
1) Using the up/down arrow keys to move in the Event Template List now works correctly.
1) The right-click menu for list items no longer has "delete" as an enabled option.
EVENT PICK DIALOG:
1) List display speed improved.
2) Filtering by Individual ID implemented.
1) Media Links Page: Corrected jump to Individual Events page.
1) Adding new individual names: a leading abbreviated word, such as "Mr." or "Wm.", is no longer assumed to be a prefix title.
1) Corrected problem saving notes that begin with 4 or more blank lines.
2) Sentences beginning with field codes that fill with pronouns are now capitalized.
3) Corrected a problem with the interpretation of the context-dependent codes [P], [S], and [O].
4) When an event general note or research note is included in the event sentence template with the [G] or [R] codes, the note text is no longer capitalized.
1) For variant place names set to show the standard name first on reports, the "The" flag on the standard name now works correctly.
1) Searching for individual having events with empty dates (!*) or non-empty dates (*) now works correctly.
1) The widths of title boxes with font heights taller than one inch are now sized correctly.
1) Custom Individuals Report: On the Content page, the Event Type and Attribute Type pick lists are now restricted to the selected output language.
1) Outline Descendant: corrected missing space after individual name.
2) Corrected use of [NOSEP] code, which allows source citations to flow together.
3) Adding and saving freehand lines and pictures have been corrected.
1) Field codes in notes are now processed.
2) For "unflattened" reports, subrecords with notes are now generated correctly.
3) Sizing on columns with blank data is now correct.
4) Event "names" now include linked identifiers.
5) Individuals Report: "Event Identifier" can now be selected to output the individual identifier linked to an event.
1) The Individuals View is no longer activated when the Sources View is closed.
2) The first record added in each table now gets ID number 1. Previously, the initial number was sometimes 3 or 4.
3) View window refresh actions have been improved.
4) "Extract marked data records to new individual" now correctly extracts only the marked event records.
5) Deleting an individual now deletes the witnessed event links.
6) Numerous other corrections and minor enhancements have been made.