ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
1) Custom subtags added to source publication data: _PUBPLACE, _PUBLISHER, _PUBDATE, _PUBORIGDATE. While the PUBL tag still contains this same information, the subtags facilitate better parsing and data integrity.
1) Added option "Convert underlines to spaces" for name identifiers.
RESEARCH TARGET BUTTONS:
1) The research target buttons now indicate the status of related searches with their coloring.
EVENT TEMPLATES - WITNESSES:
1) Witnesses can now be referred to by role name. Instead of using [W1], [W2], you can use, for example, [W:maid of honor] and [W: minister]. Also, groups of witnesses with the same role can be referenced, as in [WW: groomsman]. See the updated help for more examples.
2) The [WW] and [WWR] witness list codes can now be qualified for full names always (+) and for gender (m, f, o, u).
3) The [WW] and [WWR] witness list codes can now be qualified for number with a trailing single quote ('): [WWR'] will match only when there is exactly one witness. This allows conditional sections based on the number of witnesses.
4) The default event global template for new databases has been updated to [...]<. Witness: [?WWR']|. Witnesses: [?WWR]> which prints the label "Witness: " when only one witness and "Witnesses" when two or more.
1) Added new data field, named "Rationale". This is to store text that briefly explains why you believe the cited source is relevant to the current assertion. It is for your own personal research purposes, and does not normally appear on output reports. You can store here the reasons why you assigned a low/high support level or low/high credibility, or the facts extracted from the source that you think make your case, or personal reminders of work yet to be performed.
CITATIONS VIEW - ASSERTION PAGE:
1) The new Rationale text appears as an additional column in the list box.
2) The Support Level and Credibility Level column values can now be edited. If you tab to one of these columns, the spacebar can be used to toggle through the available values. You can also click on the level icon you want to change, and select the new value from the popup window.
1) Notes Page: Added "Rationale" as a new query search field.
2) Events Page: replaced "Total Events" with "Principal Events" total and "Witnessed Events" total. You can now enter a search for "Witnessed Events > 0" to find all individuals who are linked as witnesses to events.
1) For "unboxed" charts, box head/tail margins are now enabled to control spacing between link lines and box text.
2) For individuals with multiple marriages: spouses listed in the same box are now shown in family order, and the descendants link is labeled with the family number of the correct spouse. Previously, the spouse with the descendants was always shown last and no label appeared on the descendants link.
3) Fan charts - added right-click menu option "Make Frame Snug" . This option closes up any unused portion of fan layout.
1) Format Page: added font buttons for General Notes and Research Notes. This allows you to style note text differently from normal body text, for when you wish to make it stand out.
2) The "Start sections on odd pages" and "New page for each generation" check boxes were moved from the Format Page to the Sections page.
1) Added a new source template code, named [RATIONALE]. It can be added to individual source templates, or to the global source template, if you wish to include the new rationale text in your reports.
1) Removed internal format expectations for "Publication Facts" data: only a trailing date is now recognized; the remainder is stored to the "Publisher" field intact. This improves import from programs like Legacy that do not structure their publication facts data.
1) Lines are allowed to exceed max line length for tags that other programs are not expecting to be continued on multiple lines, such as the PLAC (place) tag.
2) Corrected problems exporting source citation data on witness names.
1) When generating the preferred name for an individual that is missing a surname but has a suffix: the extra space before the comma has been removed.
EVENT PICK DIALOG:
1) Searching on an Event ID no longer causes a problem.
NOTES - EMBEDDED SOURCE CITATIONS:
1) The embedded source citation code is now generated and inserted before opening the Citations View, to correct placement problems on some systems.
2) Embedded source citations appearing at the end of a section marked private [[using double square brackets]] are now processed correctly.
1) Increased size of dropdown combobox for script setting (Windows 95/98/ME).
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - SUMMARY PAGE:
1) When the display's DPI setting is set to "Large Size (120 DPI)", the "MNSW" column label is now fully visible. (You may need to right-click in header and choose "Reset Column Widths").
INDIVIDUALS VIEW - ATTRIBUTES PAGE:
1) Clicking on the defining event icon for a new attribute immediately after adding the text now works correctly.
SOURCES VIEW - FORMATTING PAGE:
1) The Citation codes [EXCERPT], [LEAD TEXT], and [ANNOTATION] are now displayed in the formatting. They represent the placements (either custom or default from the global template) for values from any source citation that cites this source. Previously, only the [CD] (where in source) citation code remained in the formatting.
1) Pending list deletes are now performed correctly on program exit.
2) A confirmation dialog now appears when deleting list members.
1) Events Page: searching on number of witnesses has been corrected.
2) Duplicate matches returned from some queries have been suppressed.
1) Web Page: corrected the "Apply" button to become active after any option changed.
CHART AND REPORT OPTIONS:
1) Problem with selecting multiple lists has been corrected.
1) Save Options: Font case choices are now stored correctly.
1) Title Box - key individual names that include a comma are now displayed correctly.
2) Fan Charts - the logical units have been increased from 600 to 720 DPI for better results on photo printers.
3) Corrected placement of link labels.
4) For inclusion of duplicate spouse information: options now apply to "head" boxes as well.
5) Right side pictures are now shown before side spouses.
6) Legend Box - Corrected a problem with "Reuse Citations".
7) Ancestor/Descendant Stubs - corrected display of box shadows.
8) Spurious crossref labeling when option not selected has been corrected.
9) Extra link labels appearing at page breaks have been suppressed.
10) The problem with chart overlap clipping the right side of pages after the first has been corrected.
11) When producing an ancestor chart for a limited number of generations, and there are two paths to an ancestor where only one path meets the limit, the path is now drawn in full.
12) The "Ancestor blanks" option is now limited to a maximum of 10 generations.
13) Deleting, then undoing the delete, of annotations and freehand lines now work correctly.
1) Clicking "Clear Keys" also clears the "Default key", "Default list", and "Use saved keys" checkboxes.
1) The problem with "Flatten Rows" has been corrected.
2) For place context processing, "there" is now used as a replacement for the place AND its preposition when both are the same as that shown for the previous place.
3) Partner relationships are properly designated on outline descendant reports.
4) Marriage templates in foreign languages with an <optional> section following the verb are now processed correctly when selecting various sentence element orderings.
5) Media Reports: reporting of number of links has been corrected.
6) Narrative Reports: parent relationship source citations now appear correctly following initial appearance of child name.
7) Abbreviated place names appearing at the end of sentences no longer show a double period.
8) Pedigree Reports: marriage events included are now limited to those that correspond to spouse shown.