ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
1) When entering event dates, a "Sort Date" may be entered by enclosing it in square brackets. Sort dates appear while using the program but are omitted when making charts and reports. You can use sort dates to order events when the actual dates are unknown. Sort dates can have alternate text appearing before the first bracket; this text will print on charts and reports. For example, you could enter an event date of "during the great flood [12 April 1858]". The date would appear as entered on the screen, but only the part "during the great flood" would appear on reports.
2) When formatting the "From-To" date ranges for individuals, the Christening or Baptism event date will be used if the birth date is not available, and the Burial date will be used if the death date is not available.
1) The relative positions of the splitter bars are now remembered when windows are resized and closed.
1) New Tab: "Pedigree", for navigation. Displays siblings with spouses, children with spouses, and three generations of ancestors for the key individual.
2) For individual identifiers (names and numbers), an "Exclude" checkbox has been added. When selected, the identifier will be excluded from charts and reports. This feature allows convenience names to be entered to help distinguish individuals without affecting the appearance of names on reports. To do this, set the name type to "Suffix Title" and check the "Preferred" and "Exclude" flags; your extra identifier will appended to the individual's name inside the program but not on reports. The exclude flag can also be used to protect sensitive data from appearing on the output.
1) New Tab: "Detail". Contains choices for individual place levels to include on output. It also includes the special "Low" and "High" choices, which together select a two-level place name, nominally City, State but will substitute Township or County for the low level, and/or Nation for the high level, as available.
"OTHER" REPORT OPTIONS:
2) Other Reports can now be filtered according to values in data fields. When a key record does not have the selected value, the entire record is omitted from the report. You can enter "*" to limit the report only to data records that do not have a blank value in the selected field, or "!*" to limit the report only to data fields that have nothing in the selected field. The wildcards "*" and "?" can be used for text value filters.
3) Fields on Other Reports can be marked "Exclude". This allows a field to be used for filtering only and not for output.
NEW MENU OPTIONS:
1) "Windows: Reset Splitter Bars". When selected, the splitter bars on the active window pane are reset to their default values.
2) "Select: Select Records...". When selected, the Select Records Dialog for the current view is opened.
3) "Help: Reference". Opens the help file to the reference section.
4) "Help: Keyboard Shortcuts". Opens the help file to the keyboard shortcuts section.
5) "Help: Check for Updates". Displays installed version number and provides a link to the Genbox download page to see if a newer version is available.
NEW EVENT TEMPLATE CODES:
1) [AP], [AS], [AO] added for age of primary (same as A), age of spouse, age of other.
2) [DM], [DD] added for date month name and date day of month.
3) [G] added for specifying placement of event general notes in sentence. Normally, general notes appear after sentence. This code allows general notes to be used as an ordinary data field. Note: the Report Content Page still controls whether general notes appear on reports.
4) [R] added for specifying placement of event research notes in sentence. When used in a template, the research notes behave like a second general note, and their inclusion is controlled by the Report Content Page setting for GENERAL notes, not Research notes.
5) [P+], [S+], [O+], [W+] added to force a display of the full name of the corresponding principal.
6) [CR] and [TAB] can be used for new line (carriage return) and tab.
NEW SOURCE TEMPLATE CODES:
1) [DOC SHORT TITLE] and [SOURCE SHORT TITLE] added. The short title is entered on the Source Notes page. If the short title is empty, a short title will be auto-generated from the long title. If the short title is the same as the long title, this template code will return "blank" when used in the primary citation, so that a pattern of "<hereinafter called [DOC SHORT TITLE]>" will only appear when the short title differs from the long title.
2) [CR] and [TAB] can be used for new line (carriage return) and tab.
NEW KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS:
1) The right-click context menu can now be accessed from keyboards that have the context menu key.
2) For the record movement buttons: ALT+HOME for first record; ALT+PAGEUP for previous record; ALT+PAGEDN for next record; ALT+END for last record.
3) For the "Select Records Dialog" (filter): ALT+DOWN ARROW.
4) Using the up/down arrow keys to step through lists is now equivalent to clicking on the rows.
5) The right/left arrow keys can be used on the Other Report Content Page to move selected fields between the source and destination lists.
1) A progress window was added. It includes abort functionality.
1) The "Check Links" function now generates a log file which can be viewed by clicking the "View Details" button.
2) Sources can now be merged.
1) The export options for Living Individuals have been corrected.
2) The problem with line terminators when exporting to Legacy has been corrected.
1) The preference options "Show Christening when Birth Unknown" and "Short Burial when Death Unknown" have been corrected. These options will substitute baptism, christening, and burial event details when birth and death for an individual are unknown and the chart/report content options selected include only birth and death events.
1) Ancestor Report with numbering style other than Ahnentafel: problems with missing people corrected.
2) Notes longer than 32767 chars now print normally.
3) Performance on reports with long notes has been improved.
4) Saved Other Report options now load correctly when data views of other types are open.
5) The "paragraphs show only one line" wrap problem for certain printers has been corrected.
6) "Historical" as a Contact report column on Other reports is now available, as well as "Township".
7) The handling of pronouns on narrative reports has been improved.
8) "Override Exclude Flags" added for Other reports.
9) The formatting of "Ibid., p. 26" now shows the "p" in lowercase.
10) The wording "apparently married" use to indicate no marriage record exists for a family has been removed.
FAMILY GROUP REPORT:
1) Dates on FGS and other non-narrative reports with "Brief" style: the modifier "in" is no longer added when the day is missing.
2) The "Fill-in Form" layout now shows blanks for missing data on existing individuals as well as blank ones.
3) The footnote codes [GBX^] and [GBX_] that were occasionally appearing in the output are now properly processed.
4) The default content settings for "Other Spouses" were reduced to name and date range.
5) An option to select "Current Spouse", "Preferred Spouse", or "All Spouses" was added. For "All Spouses", a separate sheet is produced for each spouse of the primary.
6) Other spouses are now shown in the normal data font.
7) Only children with the selected spouse now appear on the report.
8) Spouses of children are now shown even when they have no family events.
9) Source citations on parent links and spouse links are now included.
1) Handling of unknown spouses during data entry has been improved.
2) Corrected problem with duplicate families (same spouses in multiple family records).
1) Birth dates for children now show full date information, including partial dates.
1) Data changes made in other views are now reflected.
1) Problems with page updates before running query when current individual was other than the first have been corrected.
1) On the Operation page, setting "Preferences: Save changes" will cause any changes to preferences to be saved when the Preferences View is closed, rather than when the program exits normally.
1) Distortion problems displaying 24-bit TIFF files have been corrected.
1) The right-click menu on media for Events, Families, Places, and Sources now includes the previously missing "Jump to Media" option.
2) Adoption events: the template variables are now initialized correctly on reports.
3) The Search tool button is now enabled when the List View is active.
4) Double-clicking on a blank witness line now brings up the Individual Pick Dialog.
5) Embedded citations that appeared with the wrong citation number have been corrected.
6) Event ages shown on the Events Page when the birth date is unknown are now set to 0.
7) File: Backup now works correctly when no database is open.
8) Attempts to import into a Genbox database when no database is open now produce an error message.
10) Problems with the "Show years after Individual Names" option creating additional individual records has been corrected.
11) The DELETE key in a notes box can now be used to delete a following blank line.
12) Improvements made to record deletions.
13) When a citation record is deleted that has a reference embedded in a note, the embedded reference is now deleted as well. Note: the reverse case, where the embedded reference is deleted by text editing, does not automatically delete the referenced citation record. This is to allow normal editing operations where the embedded reference may be cut and pasted to a different location within the same note text.
14) The text overwrite problem experienced with some display adapters has been corrected.
15) The "Llang1043" text appearing when toggling source templates has been fixed.
16) When adding source citations to witnesses, the Citations Names Page will now show the names for the correct individuals.
17) Full place names are now displayed in the Places View header and on the Individual Events Page.