A sample Descendants Chart appears below. King Henry VII Tudor is the key individual.
This sample illustrates the following chart options and features:
- Titles - Main Title and Sub Title
- Section - Number of Descendant Generations: 4.
- Layout - Boxed, Drop Down Layout; Single Box for Couples Where Possible
- Styles - Individuals in the list "Tudor Monarchs"
are shown with special fonts, pictures, and a crown icon.
- Note how the six wives of Henry VIII are presented, avoiding all crossing
lines: first, in Henry's box, they are listed in order; then for the three
wives that had children, two are shown on the sides and the descendants of
the third at the bottom; the link lines are labeled with the family number
to identify the spouses with the children.
- Henry VIII's first wife, Katherine of Aragon, was married first to his
brother Arthur Tudor; the chart shows these links without requiring
duplicate boxes or crossing lines.
© Copyright 2003 Thoughtful
Creations. All rights reserved. Last Updated 01/31/2004.